Coordinator, Digital Media Product
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Digital Media Product (DCWW)
The Disney Channels World Wide (DCWW) Digital Media Product team is currently seeking a Coordinator, Digital Media Product to join our diverse, dynamic, and dedicated team. The position will focus on the Disney Channels' DisneyNOW app in a fun, fast-paced and collaborative environment. The position is located in Burbank, CA and will report to the Manager - Product Management.
The DCWW Product team manages development of the DisneyNOW app, Disney Channels' TV Everywhere supported digital destination for video, games and linear-to-digital interactive experiences. DisneyNOW brings the content of Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD into a single, personalized app experience.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the DisneyNOW app and web product development team. This includes creation of user stories and management of related tickets/tasks, cataloguing, coordinating and distributing assets, managing product deliverables, and collaboration with Engineering, Design and QA, as well as the Games & Interactive team.
The Coordinator and the Digital Media Product team is responsible for having a user-first mindset, understanding the wants, needs and challenges of the Disney Channels World Wide digital audience. This involves a strong partnership with internal teams such as Research, Programming, Marketing and Ad Sales to build experiences that engage our viewers and keep them coming back for more.
• Assist with the management of the product features and functionality requirements for DisneyNOW, including prioritization of new feature development, stakeholder requests, and bug fixes in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
• Manage project tickets and assist with product backlog grooming
• Assist with data requirements and work with Analytics and reporting teams
• Work with Customer Care team to deep-dive on Customer Satisfaction issues
• Obtain, traffic and catalogue assets to internal digital partners, including Marketing, Programming and On-Air Promotion
• Oversee asset timelines and prepare assets for publication and delivery
• Familiarity with the aspects of mobile product development, service-based client/server tech, social/virtual economies, and analytical data
• Ability to manage and prioritize heavy workloads in a fast-moving environment
• A self-starter who can liaise with our internal stakeholders including Programming, Marketing and Ad Sales
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and passion for interactive media
• Minimum of 1 year of Product Management experience with expertise in mobile and/or OTT products
• Experience with streaming video products
• Familiarity with our shows and brands
• Experience working in an agile development process
• Familiarity with Slack, JIRA and Confluence
• Experience using A/B tests to inform development and make data-driven product decisions
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Management, Communications, Computer Science or like field (or equivalent work experience)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.