Writer / Producer
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Freeform, Disney's entertainment network with a key demographic of young adults, is currently seeking a Writer/Producer. The Writer/Producer should inspire the rest of the team with bold, innovative concepts and command of the art of promotion and marketing. While the job focuses on creativity, the position also requires a developed sense of responsibility and organization. The Writer/Producer must be an endless resource of ideas for individual projects and for the department. Superior writing skills are a must, as is selling ideas in to the project team and management. Passion and hard work are commonplace, and are embraced and supported throughout the department.
• Write and produce short form/promo content for broadcast, digital and social platforms.
• Utilize writing skills and present multiple concepts for each assignment.
• Stay ahead of the curve on current industry trends and competitive scheduling and creative.
• Pitch ideas or campaigns and participate in brainstorming meetings.
• Work with research and marketing to understand target demo (W18-34).
• Communicate concepts to graphics designers and supervise delivery.
• Lead and execute ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope.
• Generate big, simple ideas that work across all platforms and engage with the demo.
• Direct voiceover talent.
• Amend, devise and develop creative in response to feedback from Creative Directors.
• Consistently produce work that meets and exceeds objectives.
• Serve as a creative problem solver on network schedule changes and last minute communications.
• Minimum 4 years of experience writing and producing spots for a broadcast or cable television network, a movie trailer house or an ad agency.
• Working knowledge of editing systems and workflows.
• Experience supervising editing sessions and directing an editor.
• Ability to effectively direct voiceover talent.
• Ability to creatively problem-solve.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at once.
• Must be able to work under pressure against tight deadlines.
• Have excellent time management skills.
• Have an understanding of marketing concepts and brand management.
• Understand the target demo and how to speak to them.
• Understand all phases of pre-production, production and post-production.
• Demonstrate excellent people skills.
• Demonstrate strong work ethic.
• Ability to develop credibility and strong working relationships in a complex organization.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.