SVP, Multicultural and Content Strategy
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SVP, Multicultural and Content Strategy, ABC News
The Senior Vice President, Multicultural and Content Strategy partners with leaders across ABC News platforms to strengthen our brand with diverse audiences, consumers, viewers and distribution partners. Leading outreach and market research, this role creates strategies that drive multicultural content, consumer and viewer growth and engagement for the ABC News businesses. The incumbent will align company-wide and ABC News initiatives to meet business objectives. This role also collaborates with Talent Strategy and Development and Human Resources to attract, develop and retain a workforce that mirrors our global audiences. Another key area of focus will be to broaden the organizations knowledge-base around multicultural audiences and consumers.
The successful candidate will possess a broad understanding of the news and information landscape. Incumbent must also demonstrate the ability to apply creative sensibility to content, marketing and distribution in support of our efforts to grow reach and revenue as we build a sustainable business model poised to exploit the rapid evolution in the industry.
• Will play a vital role in overseeing content strategy across every subject area and platform for ABC News
• Leads outreach and market research to identify insights and business opportunities that are compelling and relevant to diverse audiences.
• Partners with leaders to create strategies and best practices that drive multicultural consumer and viewer growth and engagement for the ABC News businesses (News Gathering, Digital, Longform, etc.).
• Acts as a resource to initiate and drive business opportunities that align multicultural consumer and viewer data and insights with business objectives.
• Develops leadership programs/practices and metrics to support and measure the success of building diverse networks and outreach efforts.
• Partners with Talent Strategy and Development and Human Resources on best practices to attract and retain a diverse workforce and deliver learning opportunities that deepen News expertise regarding multicultural consumers.
• Communicates and aligns multicultural strategies across TWDC businesses and ensures alignment between these and ABC News'.
• Creates and facilitates forums to discuss common opportunities, challenges and best practices across ABC News businesses.
• Collaborates with ABC News Communications and Human Resources on an ongoing communication strategies to reinforce ABC News' diversity story.
• Identifies and guides ABC News social responsibility and community engagement efforts in partnership with Enterprise Social Responsibility leadership.
• Builds and maintains performance metrics and tools that support ABC News objectives.
• 8 years of multicultural strategy experience, preferably within a news and creative environment
• Proven ability to develop and execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
• Broad understanding of network news and non fiction business
• Strong understanding of the creative process and ability to apply creative sensibility to content
• Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
• Strong external / industry network of multicultural resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work
• Proven ability to bring new and innovative approaches to established community outreach efforts across the range of news platforms
• Experience leading campaigns or business development strategies for diverse demographics
• Fluent in Spanish and other languages a plus?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.