Summer Intern - Reporting, Investigative Unit
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Investigative Unit produces investigative pieces for all of ABC News' programming, including Good Morning America, World News Tonight with David Muir, Nightline and 20/20. In addition to on-air broadcasting, the unit also runs a popular investigative website, The Blotter on ABCNews.com.
You will play a key role in supporting producers in every step of the production process.
A day in the life…
• Supporting producers and editors in the edit rooms for day-of-air pieces
• Providing tape research and transcription
• Assisting producers with research for investigative broadcast pieces
• Pitching, reporting and writing stories for The Blotter on ABCNews.com
What you bring to the role…
• Strong research and writing is a must
• Demonstrated interest in investigative journalism
• Experience in a breaking new environment
• Good knowledge of Windows/Outlook/Filing Systems
• Ability to transcribe quickly and accurately
• Willingness to work long hours
• Especially interested in graduate students with a strong interest in investigative reporting
• Recent graduate or graduate level student
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Familiarity with AVID News Cutter or other editing programs
• Experience with photo editing programs
• Broadcast news experience or an understanding of how TV production comes together
• Secondary language skills
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be able to work in the New York City office and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must be available from May/June to August/September
• Must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.