Summer Intern - Editing Operations , News
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Editing Operations provides manpower, facilities, and workflow solutions for the editing needs of the News shows in NYC. We hire, train, and schedule the editors. We schedule the edit suites and provide workflow solutions for our file based editing. We manage the payroll for all the editors.
A day in the life…
• Assist Digital Operations Managers with ongoing responsibilities including Payroll and Scheduling
• Learn and use the Media Pulse scheduling tool
• Use many of our workflow tools for file based ingest and editing
What you bring to the role…
• Strong proficiency in non-linear video editing with strong preference towards AVID editing software
• Undergraduate students in their Junior, Senior year or recent graduates
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Previous experience (academic or internship) using Media Pulse/Xytech scheduling systems
• All candidates must be possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
• All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
• All candidates must be willing to work 40 Hours/Week
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.