Summer Intern - Broadcast Motion Graphics / Design
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The ABC Broadcast Graphics and Design department creates dynamic visuals and on-air packaging for all ABC News programming and non-fiction special broadcasts, as well as clients ESPN on ABC, and ABC daytime talk shows. We produce highly creative and competitive graphics under extremely tight deadlines. Daily/Weekly broadcasts include: Good Morning America, The View, World News with David Muir, Nightline, 20/20, What Would You Do?, This Week with George Stephanopoulos and GMA Day.
A day in the life…
The goal of the internship is to identify and develop potential graphic artists with the high-level skill sets that are required to create network level designs. Responsibilities include:
• Working on projects or apprentice with show art directors
• Assisting art directors, production assistants and graphic artists with daily production for ABC News Broadcasts
• Pre-production of graphic elements
What you bring to the role…
• Pursuing a BA in motion graphics design
• Strong knowledge of motion graphics design and technology
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Proficiency with Adobe CC2015 or above including Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.
• Self-starter who is enthusiastic and engaged
• Resume and cover letter must include a link to your website or portfolio
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Maxon Cinema 4D, Maya or other 3D software experience.
• Vizrt or Ross Expression knowledge/experience.
• Knowledge of Unity or Unreal Products a bonus
• All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
• All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
• All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.