Summer Intern - Abc7 News Special Projects
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
ABC7 News Special Projects Internship (KABC-TV) - Summer 2019
KABC-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Glendale, near downtown Los Angeles. The station is in the #2 ranked television market in the country. Weekly, ABC7 produces over forty-four hours of local news, public affairs, magazine programs and public service campaigns. You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
In this internship, you will work closely with anchor and reporter David Ono on several major long format projects. The projects include special news stories, documentaries, and podcasts.
include but are not limited to...
• Researching story leads
• Setting up stories and coordinating shoots
• Field producing
• Logging interviews
• Developing a social media strategy to help promote stories
• Assisting in podcasting duties
What you bring to the role...
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-orientated environment.
- A familiarity with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- A strong interest in long form Journalism and Television
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 16 hours/week.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate (applying within six months of graduation)
- Familiarity with podcasting
- Strong interest in documentary style story telling
- Knowledge of editing in Premiere a plus!
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.