Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Studio Technician (Project Hire)
ABC News is seeking a Studio Technician for our ABC News Digital platform. The Studio Technician will work closely with show producers and the control room crew to ensure the quality of all live and recorded shows by providing coverage for the Audio Op, Director and/or Tech Manager when needed.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last one year.
• Collaboration with Producers and Crew to create and organize production elements which include live shots, graphics, video elements.
• Ability to direct and program in an automated environment.
• Ability to build complicated switcher effects and automation templates to enhance/support production needs.
• Operational knowledge of audio consoles and creating multiple discrete mix-minus feeds.
• Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
• Support editorial & production staff on use of control room technology.
• Candidates must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit a thorough understanding of automated technology and traditional broadcast technology.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
• Must have experience with video production, control room automation, audio consoles, intercoms, and digital media.
• Willingness to work non-traditional work hours (overnights, early mornings, weekends).
• Candidates must have strong interpersonal and management skills and excellent communication. A jack of all trades with a strong leadership presence.
• Must have extensive experience within a broadcast environment.
• 5 years' of studio experience directing live Broadcast/Cable television.
• Strong understanding of Audio/Video Routing and signal flow.
• Must have in-depth technical knowledge of News Room Automation & Newsroom systems (iNews and Ross OverDrive preferred).
• Knowledge of Calrec Audio Consoles preferred.
College degree or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.