Spring Intern - Programming Production ABC7
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Programming Production Internship ABC7(KABC-TV), DATG (CA)-Spring 2019
A day in the life…
You will have opportunity to participate in the production of ABC7 weekly half-hour magazine, public affairs and special event shows including ''Eye on L.A.''
As the Programming Production intern, you may:
• Work with the show producers in researching stories, setting up interviews, and assisting on field camera shoots.
• Assist in the post-production process.
• Be part of the social media engagement strategy for the various programs, including writing for the web.
• Log and transcribe interviews.
• Assist with general office tasks.
What you bring to the role...
• Previous internship experience in production.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency with an editing program such as AVID, Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro.
• Major or previous coursework in Film & Television, Communications or related major.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January to May for the Spring internship program.
• All candidates must be available to work 24 hours/week.
• Shifts available are Monday through Friday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm; weekends occasional.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• All candidates must be able to work in the Glendale office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Courses taken in producing/writing/editing (Preditor).
• Thorough knowledge/experience using social media.
• Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
KABC-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Glendale, near downtown Los Angeles. The station is in the #2 ranked television market in the country. Weekly, ABC7 produces over forty-four hours of local news, public affairs, magazine programs and public service campaigns. You will have opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.