Seven On Your Side Coordinator
Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
KGO TELEVISION, INC
POSITION: Seven On Your Side Coordinator (Non-Union)
DATE POSTED: October 12, 2018
KGO-TV/ABC7 News, the ABC Owned Television Station in San Francisco, has an exciting position in its award-winning consumer unit. We are seeking a Consumer Unit Coordinator to help lead Seven on Your Side. The consumer unit started in the Bay Area more than two decades ago with Consumer Reporter Michael Finney. It is the longest running and most successful consumer unit in the Bay Area.
ABC7 News is seeking someone with enthusiasm and initiative who can think strategically about how to evolve one of the station's most important franchises. We need a leader with excellent communication skills who can collaborate effectively with colleagues across multiple departments. We are looking for a self-starter and team player who has proven problem solving, research, and listening skills.
Our new Consumer Unit Coordinator will:
• Organize weekly editorial meetings with the Seven on Your Side unit.
• Assist in story origination, research and production of daily consumer news stories. Write and produce consumer content for ABC7news.com.
• Stay on top of developing and breaking consumer news and be the liaison between the unit and the newsroom to make sure these stories are showcased properly in newscasts.
• Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of our 7 On Your Side social media accounts including timely responses to all inquiries and posts.
• Oversee the database for logging and managing the consumer issues that the unit handles daily.
• Oversee and train the Consumer Counselors and Student Interns who work in the unit to resolve the hundreds of consumer issues we receive each week.
• Select which consumer stories get produced for our newscasts. Track trends and highlight hot-topic issues coming into the department.
• Manage and produce Finney's Friday Free Stuff, a weekly giveaway that we coordinate with local businesses and present on air through segments on our 5pm newscast.
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Have knowledge about consumer issues and be passionate about helping consumers with their problems.
• Four-year college degree is preferred.
• Experience in or deep knowledge of journalism/news media preferred.
• Web positing and CMS experience preferred.
• ENPS and light video editing experience preferred.
Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 601070BR - Seven On Your Side Coordinator (Non-Union), create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ABC7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.