Senior Analyst, Business Operations
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Analyst, Business Operations will play a key role in helping to develop and drive the strategy around ABC News' growth plans. The individual will partner with ABC News leadership in the analysis, presentation, and execution of existing and potential initiatives. This person will work closely with key stakeholders across all functions of ABC News and DATG to help ABC News seize emerging opportunities, stay ahead of risks, improve cross-functional efficiency and transparency, and align overall thinking.
• Partner with ABC News executives, as well as key stakeholders across DATG and TWDC, to advance the strategy around growth and new business initiatives.
• Play a key role in the exploration, analysis and presentation of new opportunities, including market research, data analysis, and creation of business plans and presentations
• Write business plans and develop business models that support long-range growth objectives
• Develop key documents and presentations for ABC News and DATG leadership
• Inform key stakeholders of emerging distribution, technology, audience and competitive trends through weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates
• Provide executives with insights regarding ABC News' operational, distribution, and monetization workflows and performance, leveraging input from analytics, finance, research, sales, business development, product, and editorial
• Proactively evaluate the business, continually refining its operational, product and distribution strategies in order to future proof growth, maximize resources and increase profitability.
• Partner with cross-functional leaders to drive forward the execution of business priorities, providing a structured framework and ensuring transparency and alignment division-wide
• Collaborate with business development teams on the research, evaluation, and negotiation of ways to expand the monetization of our content and diversify revenue
• Minimum 2 years in a management consulting, internal strategy or analytics-oriented role with proven experience with financial modelling, and data analysis
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative management skills, excellent presentation skills, and a strong leadership presence.
• Strategic thinker, able to synthesize and story-tell complex issues, write business plans, craft presentations, and get stakeholder buy-in for driving change
• Entrepreneurial problem solving abilities, with a track record of self-guided analyses and project management
• Digital media industry expertise at both the macro and micro level, with deep understanding of all aspects ranging from content creation to distribution to monetization
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment and track record of execution on large scale strategic, analytical, and financial projects.
• Flexible to occasionally work outside normal business hours in the event of deadlines or projects
BA or BS from four year accredited college or university (preferably with a major in finance, statistics, engineering – or similar analytical focus)
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.