Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Let's be honest: In today's world, there are many places you can produce hard news. So why not use your producing skills at a show that has not only won a multitude of awards, but has broadcast – live – from both the foot of Mt. Everest and the interior of Antarctica?
Being a producer at ABC's Nightline allows you to focus on what matters most – delivering breaking news stories, timely interviews and incisive investigative reports to an intelligent, thoughtful audience.
We're a seasoned, tight crew who collaborate to make sure that all of the pieces are in place for a successful news show, night after night. We are known for creating impactful, thought-provoking stories in a range of genres and subjects.
This Producer currently reports to the Executive Producer.
You would join a dynamic, cooperative team that works together to bring important news and impactful stories to audiences in an intelligent way.
Every single day as a Producer is different! On any one day you might:
• Research news and online chatter to find stories that need a bigger voice (yours!);
• Develop and book magazine-length stories that will keep viewers engaged throughout;
• Work the logistics for a complex remote shoot;
• Travel to where the story is, gathering elements and footage as you go;
• Create social media to support a story;
• Deliver headlines as needed;
• Collaborate with other ABC shows on a joint project or special feature;
• Brainstorm story angles with your team;
• Connect with your career mentor; and
• Attend a team bowling night, or watch a Disney movie or TV show screening!
Please apply if you have:
• 5 years of large-market or network-level television production experience;
• The ability to supervise reporting and editing for magazine-length pieces;
• The energy to juggle a full day of production and oversee the broadcast;
• An adventurous spirit - you can lead your team and produce live remotes from any location;
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in, for any ABC news platform;
• Experience performing under pressure - think breaking news-type situations;
• The reputation of being a jack-of-all-trades, jumping in to handle any task;
• A knack for interruptive writing and savvy newsgathering; and
• The finesse to lock-in key interviews and information.
It would also be nice if you are:
• Experienced in shooting dv and other small video formats;
• Familiar with radio and rough cutting pieces on Avid DV Express and Newscutter;
• A pro at navigating through all stages of production - from pitch to air; and
• Able to develop stories and visuals quickly and easily.
You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.