News Director - DGA
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News seeks a full-time DGA Studio Director. The show director will work closely with show producers and technical crew. Clear and concise dissemination of control room traffic to the necessary personnel is critical and a sharp eye on detail is a must.
• Collaborating with Producers and Crew to create and organize production elements which include live shots, graphics, video elements.
• Directing and programming in a Ross Video OverDrive automated environment.
• Building complicated switcher effects and automation templates to enhance/support production needs.
• Attending daily show meetings and communicating amongst production team.
• Guiding production in both the shows creative look and feel through scenic design and camera blocking.
• Candidates must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit a thorough understanding of Ross Video OverDrive automated technology and traditional broadcast technology.
• Must have in-depth technical knowledge of News Room Automation & Newsroom systems (iNews and Ross OverDrive required).
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
• Must have a strong passion for news and work collaboratively across multiple departments.
• Must have extensive experience with video production, control room automation, technology, and digital media.
• Candidates must have strong interpersonal and management skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and a strong leadership presence.
• Must have extensive experience with both video production including but not limited to traditional control room operations, Avid post-production environments.
• 3 years' of studio experience directing live Broadcast/Cable television.
• Candidate will be required to work non-traditional work hours (overnights, early mornings, weekends, holidays).
• 5 years' of studio experience directing live Broadcast/Cable television.
• Strong understanding of Audio/Video Routing and signal flow.
College or equivalent experience.
College degree preferred.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.