Manager - Portfolio Partnerships & Insights
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager - Portfolio Partnerships & Insights (ABC)
The Manager, Portfolio Partnerships and Insights (PPI), will be responsible for providing Sales leadership and the Sales team with marketplace trends and insights that provide critical context to client conversations. This individual will also work closely with internal partners across the division – including PR, Research, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, and others – to assess and communicate implications of marketplace activity on the Disney-ABC business and inform the strategic positioning of DABC Sales.
• Develop, maintain and leverage Sales knowledge base on marketplace trends
• Communicate key industry developments and competitive activity around topics such as data-driven sales, measurement, ad experience, distribution and technology
• Work with internal partners to assess DABC business implications and support development of DABC Sales positioning in the marketplace regarding key topics
• Contribute talking points and provide landscape context for client presentations and conferences
• Leverage vendors/tools/services to supplement knowledge base
• Support the development of broad, strategic Research studies that provide client-facing insights about the landscape and demonstrate Disney ABC's strength in the marketplace
• Ensure that insights from studies are communicated effectively to Sales team
• Support evaluation of vendors in the attribution space, manage select tests and communicate results
• Work with the PPI team and other internal partners to explore new opportunities to drive ad revenue
• Act as key resource for relevant ad hoc questions from both partner departments and Sales
• A minimum of 5 years' of experience in advertising/ad sales
• A minimum of 5 year's of experience in media with strong understanding of key drivers of advertising revenue
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially including presentation development
• Self-starter with curiosity, creativity and resourcefulness to find information from multiple sources
• Superior research and analysis skills
• Ability to cull through large amounts of information to identify key insights and stories
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively across functions and levels
• Adept at simultaneously managing multiple projects with different timelines and stakeholders
• A flexible and enthusiastic team member who is willing to jump in as needed
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point or Keynote
• Track record of collaboration across functions and levels of seniority
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for emerging media and technology
• Previous experience in or exposure to strategy, business development or research work
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.