Manager - Digital Media Program Management
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Manager - Digital Media Program Management (ABC)
The Manager, PMO, will be responsible for the portfolio management of Digital Media's DisneyNOW initiatives. This position requires proven experience with program and portfolio management (including prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting and resourcing multiple projects and cross-functional teams) as well as a strong familiarity with digital media. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on concurrent complex implementations across matrixed teams both inside and outside the Digital Media department. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, issues, and processes to a variety of business, creative, and technical audiences.
• Works with senior leadership, stakeholders, partners and delivery teams to track and maintain a program-level view of initiatives
• Develops delivery plans of complex projects and programs
• Ensures key roles and responsibilities are defined and holds functional managers accountable for their teams' deliverables
• Identifies and manages program-level issues and risks and drives decision making and escalations
• Communicates program and roadmap status and schedule updates
• Manages and mentors a small team of Program Managers
• A minimum of 5 years of digital program management or related experience
• Demonstrated ability to define at scale a structure for efficient delivery of complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives forward to completion through collaboration and consensus across functional areas
• Must be capable of managing, tracking and troubleshooting multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams, vendors and partners
• Self-starter that can autonomously drive multiple work streams inter-departmentally
• Ability to develop program schedules, communicate deadlines, and enforce budgets and project milestones
• Proficient in use of project management and documentation tools
• High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
• Able to analyze scheduling, budgetary and resourcing data to develop contingency and risk mitigation plans
• Agile experience
• Previous management experience highly desired
• Management of mobile app, web and over-the-top (OTT) product development teams
• Demonstrated understanding of the MVPD and TVE ecosystem
• 7 years of digital program management experience
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Scrum certification
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.