Manager, Business Planning and Strategy
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We seek to recruit a highly qualified Manager to support the formulation and execution of ABC Entertainment and Studios' growth and profitability strategy.
The Manager will be a highly valued member of the Strategy team, working closely with the entire Finance & Strategy department and ABCE / ABCS executives on various strategic and operational initiatives. The Manager will play a key role in leading strategic analyses and identifying and assessing new growth initiatives. The Manager will drive analytic and research support across the network and studio, assessing its production, advertising, product offering, and distribution strategies. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across DATG.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in strategy and financial analysis, as well as project management.
• Lead research, modeling, and other required analyses to inform business decisions
• Develop effective, compelling presentations for senior-level executives
• Independently manage small/medium-scale project assignments end-to-end
• Work with senior business unit executives to create the Long Range Plan and Annual Operating Plan for ABC Entertainment Group and ABC Studios
• Work effectively and partner with other leaders to implement improved processes and pursue strategic initiatives within ABCE / ABCS and across the entire DATG portfolio
• Perform marketplace research and analyze trends in television distribution and production to inform leader decisions
• Minimum of five years of prior experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or strategic planning
• Deep strategic knowledge of the linear/digital business and media ecosystem
• Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills
• Proficient in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
• Excellent interpersonal skills; highly effective at working with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders
• Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
• Proven strong academic track record
• MBA from a top-tier business school preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
Disney/ABC Television Group:
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Entertainment Group, ABC Studios, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interests in A&E Television Networks and Hulu round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
ABC Entertainment Group & ABC Studios
The ABC Entertainment Group and ABC Studios Finance and Planning team manages the overall planning and strategy for ABC Entertainment, ABC Daytime, ABC Late Night and ABC Studios. The finance and strategy team provides critical financial support and analytics to DATG senior management team as well as key business partners across the Walt Disney Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.