Executive Producer - Premium Content
Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Producer - Premium Content (KGO)
ABC7 / KGO-TV, THE WALT DISNEY OWNED STATION IN SAN FRANCISCO, is looking for an experienced Executive Producer, Premium Content.
The Executive Producer will develop and produce innovative and revenue-generating programming and projects across all platforms. Using data driven content strategies to set priorities, this is a dynamic and creative content leader for local events and lifestyle, special broadcasts, digital verticals, sales content and the ABC Owned Television Stations growing Localish brand. This role will serve as the chief incubator and thought leader for ideating, creating, and boosting premium content for KGO across all platforms.
• Generate ideas for, and oversee local events and lifestyle, special broadcasts, digital verticals, sales content and Localish
• Partner with forward-thinking sales leaders to maximize revenue opportunities from premium and integrated content deals
• Takes risks and willing to serve as a creative incubator
• Build and cultivate partnerships for growth and exposure
• Create community and PR based ideas and events with our sales and marketing teams
• Work directly with the Audience Development team on best content for growth and distribution
• Work directly with content creators and content initiatives, both inside and outside the station
• In conjunction with the news director, drive transformation and a shifting of the workforce to multi-platform content first
• Ability to script, edit and shoot as necessary
• Proven digital content editorial savvy – plus digital media research experience
• A leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation
• Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Knows how to leverage our brand credibility and credentials to get buy in from businesses and partners on revenue generating branded content
• 10 years experience in media entertainment industry
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.