Disney ABC Television GroupDurham, NC
Part Time Job
WTVD-TV, the ABC-Owned TV station serving the Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville market, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support our President and General Manager and other senior executives. This role also collaborates with employees station-wide on various projects and events to make sure each day runs as smoothly as possible. This position is 30 hours a week, based in the Durham Bureau. As a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, WTVD offers an attractive compensation and part-time benefit package.
• Maintain the General Manager's calendar and daily schedule
• Draft emails, reports and other correspondence as required
• Coordinate and implement special projects; maintain confidential files
• Attend staff meetings, prepare agendas, take and distribute minutes and follow up on action items
• Arrange travel and prepare expense reports for the General Manager's business trips and meetings
• Provide telephone coverage for the station as needed
• Coordinate meetings internally and externally
• Assist with technical support – i.e. iPhone & iPad, printers and scanners
• Perform other related duties as required
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 years of experience in an executive support role
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask
• Must take initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Skilled at diplomacy and working effectively with various dispositions and levels of management and support staff
• Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks with ease
• Flexibility to work over-time as needed for big events and projects or if urgent matters arise outside of the normal schedule
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.