Director, Production Finance
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Disney ABC Networks Group's Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW's, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney ABC Network Group departments on a daily basis.
• Managing a staff of 4-5 employees
• Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Minimum 7 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
• Strong written skills.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability