Director - Business Affairs
Disney ChannelBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Disney ABC Networks Group is hiring a Director, Business Affairs, to join its Business Affairs team for Disney Channels Worldwide. This position reports to a Vice President of Business Affairs.
• Structure, negotiate, manage and advise on deals for the development and production of live action and animated scripted television series and movies, alternative programming and licensed/co-produced projects for Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior and the new Disney direct to consumer offering.
• Collaborate with other Business Affairs team members and members of Legal Affairs, Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Franchise Management, and Digital Media, as well as other divisions within The Walt Disney Company.
• Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
• Work with contract administration on tracking of contractual options, payments, and deal summaries.
• Follow ''best practices'' and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
• Supervise shared assistant.
• At least 5 years of experience handling scripted television programming in business affairs and/or legal affairs departments at a U.S. television network or studio.
• Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
• Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to integrity, learning and excellence.
• Strong ability to work independently.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
• 2 years or more of law firm experience.
• Prior scripted and unscripted production, distribution, SVOD and/or digital media experience.
• California Bar membership.
• Must have a four year degree and a JD.
• Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar.
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity