Digital Video Producer
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The GMA Digital Video Producer will work full-time out of our New York office, producing digital-first content for social, and mobile optimized platforms. The producer will have ample prior experience in video production, producing experience, and a clear understanding of the difference between traditional media and digital-first content. Comfortable doing work behind the camera, and in the edit booth featuring others in stories and packages.
The job entails producing and editing content for web platforms and social media platforms. The Digital Video Producer will work closely with other producers, and the Head of Video for Good Morning America Digital, as well as writers, social publishers, and broadcast producers. The ideal candidate has experience sourcing, producing, and editing a digital video from beginning to end. This job requires at least five years of experience in video production.
• Primary responsibility will be conceiving, writing, editing and producing news and lifestyle videos for GMA Digital channels & platforms
• Be a leader on major tentpole coverage events.
• Execute video edits and shoots with speed and precision.
• Shoot beautiful footage in the field and studio.
• Attend execute field shoots, edit videos, and produce digital video projects
• Work as a team, and take direction as needed to fulfill project needs
• Ability to conceive of and produce videos quickly, and be interested in analyzing the results of their work
• Able to bring new ideas and concepts to the team on a regular basis
• Stay up to date with news, social issues, entertainment, film, and pop culture moments, trends.
• Minimum three years of experience producing digital video content
• Ability to at a minimum rough cut edit on Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid or Final Cut Pro
• Must become comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Must become comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with balance and a composed demeanor.
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Ability to work independently and under close direction per project needs
• Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
• Experience or desire to learn studio and field production using DSLR cameras
• Extensive knowledge of the Instagram and Instagram Stories platforms
• Strong editorial judgement, writing and grammar skills required
• Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting, and mobile filmmaking
• Four or more years producing digital video content
• Ability to edit 2-5 minute video pieces on Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid, or Final Cut Pro
• Past experience developing a digital series
• Bachelor degree in Film, Video Production, Visual Journalism, or related field or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.