Digital Production Associate, News
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• - The Digital Production Associate position for World News Tonight with David Muir is responsible for supporting the broadcast through our several digital platforms including: finding and clearing content, cutting shareable videos, and populating/growing the broadcast's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
• Must be familiar with various media formats as well as library systems.
• Prior media management experience required.
• Camera and editing experience preferred.
• Minimum 1 year working in a newsroom or similar environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of various digital platforms
• Strong editorial skills necessary
• Must be available to work flexible hours and perform duties under deadline.
• Non-Technical Skills: Strong organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure
• 2 or more years working in a newsroom or similar environment
• Strong interest in the editorial process highly desirable, as is the ability to generate original story ideas.
• Ability to edit material on Avid
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world. A premier news and information alliance between ABC News and Yahoo! News blends the Network's global news-gathering operation and unrivaled lineup of trusted anchors and reporters with the digital media company's vast distribution and cutting-edge technology to reach up to 100 million people in the U.S. each month on PCs, mobile devices and tablets.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.