Digital News Associate, World News Tonight
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Do you dream of being in news production, filming or editing? How cool would it be if you were the person behind the news by being the producer's right-hand person at an award-winning show like ABC's World News Tonight?
The World News Tonight crew is a dynamic, tight team that collaborates to ensure every piece is in place for a successful live broadcast. As a Digital News Associate, you'd be involved in it all, from researching the story, to preparing for a shoot, to day-of-air – you might even be in the control booth!
You would join an influential team that supports producers and enables them to develop breaking news stories, in-depth interviews and incisive investigative reports.
Every single day as a Digital News Associate is different! On any one day you might:
• Research videos, stills and archives for a current news piece;
• Coordinate scripts, log video feeds and sound bites;
• Pitch a new story idea to the anchor or executive producer;
• Deliver real-time updates to producers;
• Write, produce and shoot digital content;
• Refine items for social media;
• Grow your skills by taking a newsgathering or Avid class in the Bullpen (our in-house training facility);
• Produce a commercial-break teaser; and
• Attend a movie or TV show screening, or visit a Disney park with your Gate Pass!
Please apply if you have:
• Previous newsroom or similar experience;
• The energy to successfully juggle multiple tasks;
• Natural curiosity - you enjoy digging deeper to find the research to support a solid story;
• A flexible schedule - you're able to meet shifting broadcast times and deadlines;
• Mastered camera, editing and media management;
• Experience performing under pressure - think breaking news-type situations;
• A knack for being organized - especially in dynamic environments; and
• Sharp communication and presentation skills.
It would also be nice if you are:
• Seasoned - you have previous journalism and production experience;
• Versed in Avid editing;
• A pro at social media and other digital tools;
• Passionate about the writing/reporting process; and
• Fearless - you're the person who can tackle any task.
• You have a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree or equivalent experience.
The World News Tonight production crew is a young, creative team who collaborates to ensure that all elements are accurate, visually appealing, and in place for a successful nightly news show.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.