Associate Producer, GMA
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, GMA(Digital)
The Good Morning America Digital Team is hiring an Associate Digital Video Producer. We are looking for a creative, adaptable, and pioneering Associate Digital Video Producer to work full-time out of our New York office, producing digital-first content for social, and mobile optimized platforms. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in video production, demonstrable video editing and producing experience, and a clear understanding of the difference between traditional media and digital-first content. Comfortable doing work behind the camera in the edit booth while featuring others in stories and packages. The Associate Digital Video Producer will have experience with branded content production, as well.
The job entails producing and editing content for web platforms and social media platforms. The Associate Digital Video Producer will work closely with other producers, and the Head of Video for Good Morning America Digital, as well as writers, social publishers, and broadcast producers.
• Conceive, write, edit and produce news and lifestyle videos for GMA Digital channels & Facebook pages.
• Participate and lead the video creation process from pitch to publish
• Shoot video in the field
• Produce scripts and video edits on tight deadlines
• Organize and schedule pre-interview or pre-shoots
• Conduct interviews with subjects (in person, on social, or remotely via Skype)
• Assist in conceptualizing series, evergreen content, and franchise ideas.
• Work as a team, and take direction as needed to fulfill project needs.
• Ability to conceive of and produce videos quickly, and be interested in analyzing the results of their work
• At least two(2) years of experience in digital video production
• Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere
• Collect clear audio in the field and in the studio
• Write and design for videos for the digital and social media audience
• Clips of work will be requested
• Knowledge of Photoshop
• Ability to use Canon C100, Canon 5D or similar DSLR camera is a must
• Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks
• Experience in news or lifestyle media
• Proven track record of excelling in the production of lifestyle and news content with published video series or franchise
• Proven track record producing for social and mobile
• Knowledge of AVID
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.