Writer / Producer
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
TLC Marketing is searching for an experienced Writer/Producer. Under guidance of the Sr. Creative Director the Writer/Producer will serve as an essential part of the TLC Marketing Team.
1. Conceive, write and produce marketing creative for TLC
2. Manage relationships with outside production companies, internal teams
3. Work on film/talent shoots
4. Work to help oversee timely delivery of departmental resources including on air promos, series clips, and digital/social media
5. Working on the entire production process.
6. Determine specific production needs.
7. Work on production schedules and budgets.
8. Help acquire stock footage and/or shooting additional footage.
9. Write scripts.
10. Work with Art Department on graphics.
11. Supervise off-line edit sessions.
12. Contract with outside facilities and vendor services.
13. Supervise on-line edit sessions.
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years experience writing and producing promotion, marketing for broadcast or cable television.
* Proven writing and producing skills.
* A strong interest in pop culture and TLC is a plus.
* Up-to-date knowledge of the post-production process is essential.
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must display a commitment to excellence and to an on-going education in video/film production and to the mastery of his/her craft.
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD