VP Sports Operations
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 3/18/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP Sports Operations jobs in London-GB
Search all VP Sports Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP Sports Operations? Position Overview
Eurosport is seeking a dynamic and experienced Production executive to lead its global Sports Production Operations. Working hand in hand with the SVP Content & Production, the VP Sports Production Operations plays a pivotal leadership role in planning and executing global production across the Discovery Sport portfolio. This individual will work across all levels of the organization and across our multi-market business to successfully deliver superior production quality of our premium sports rights including the Olympic Games, Tennis Grand Slams and Cycling Grand Tours, among others.
Leading a diverse team across multiple locations, this role requires strategic oversight of business priorities and the ability to adapt and lead through change. The individual should be an effective communicator who builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including federations and organising committees. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to bridge departments – from editorial to engineering – and optimise workflows to maximise efficiencies. The VP Sports Production Operations will cultivate a positive workplace culture based on inclusion and accountability.
• Work closely with the SVP Content & Production to articulate the vision for the Sport Production on Eurosport/Discovery
• Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including federations and organising committees.
• Work closely with the SVP Content & Production to bridge departments – from editorial to engineering – and optimise workflows to maximise efficiencies.
• Cultivate a positive workplace culture based on inclusion and accountability.
• Lead the extended team of direct and indirect members to ensure all requirements are planned and executed in accordance to the production strategy.
• Champion product innovation using technology to deliver a cutting-edge experience to our consumers.
• Set clear guidelines for the central/regional operations so that they can be agile and move fast but coordinate effectively where necessary.
• Be an ambassador for our Sport Production vision with internal and external stakeholders building support and momentum for our plans.
• Develop and establish Sports operations processes, systems and practices to ensure the effective execution of operational activities.
• Drive partnerships that maximize efficiency and increase production value.
• Proactively direct and maintain high standards of accountability within the business.
• Manage a team of locally and remotely based professionals. Lead indirect teams and functions (i.e. engineering, production accounting) as needed to ensure cohesiveness across the business. Coach and mentor staff to their full potential.
• Has significantly experience in sports operations.
• Proven track record in working in a sports digital and linear business.
• Proven understanding of the sports television business and pay tv organizations.
• Proven management leadership success in dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple constituents.
• Experience in managing teams in large organizations across multiple international offices.
• Experience in working across international markets.
• Strong process and project management experience with a passion for processes and procedures.
• Possess superior communication and customer service skills.
• Superior ability to clearly communicate across all departments. Performance follow-through is key.
• Experience of working for an international company with matrix reporting.
• Maintain strong work ethics with high integrity.
• Able to function as team builder and direct the team to achieve excellence.
• Fluent in English required with a good fluency in French or other European languages beneficial. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.