Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the VP, Product - Food you’ll own, drive and manage the vision, strategy and roadmaps for our food digital products. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You’ll thrive making decisions for products with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefits to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to develop a deep understanding of our audience and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating vision, prioritizing opportunities that deliver value to our customers and scale the product. You collaborate regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Own the product roadmap for our portfolio of Food digital products, collaborating with designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
2. Discover how the product can best serve customers based on deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
3. Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
4. Lead the full product lifecycle — from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery —collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Manage, coach and continuously inspire a team of PMs
6. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
* 10 years developing consumer facing products at scale for the US. Global experience a plus
* 10 years’ experience in digital product management , 5 years managing teams & developing employees.
* 5 years using agile methodologies
* 5 years experience with product discovery, design thinking and lean product
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans.
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners.
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus.
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, is searching for a VP, Product in New York, NY to join our join our team to build and manage products in our well loved lifestyle brands for consumers across mobile, tablet, connected TVs, and voice-based devices.