VP Product - Commerce & Monetization
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
As the VP, Commerce & Monetization -you’ll own, drive and manage the vision, strategy and roadmaps for growing revenue for our newly launched product, Food Network Kitchen. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business development. You’ll thrive making decisions for products with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefits to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to develop a deep understanding of our audience and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating vision, prioritizing opportunities that deliver value to our customers and scale the product. You collaborate regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
This position has a location preference in New York City, however, is open to the opportunity of being located in Bellevue, WA.
1. Own the commerce & monetization product roadmap. Create and manage a customer focused plan for growing the Food digital business through subscriber growth, commerce, advertising and new lines of business.
2. Discover how the product can best serve customers based on deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis. Drive rapid experimentation to understand how to best maximize value.
3. Lead the full product lifecycle — from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery —collaborating with teams across the organization by developing a product vision, establishing goals and aligning cross functional teams to the mission.
4. Manage, coach and continuously inspire a team of PMs, fostering a culture PMs who are consumer obsessed, data driven, seek to continuously learn and operate with a bias to action.
6. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
* 10 years developing consumer facing products at scale for the US. Global experience a plus
* 10 years experience in digital product management , 5 years managing teams & developing employees.
* 5 years developing subscription / commerce products
* Exceptional analytical and communication skills
* 5 years using agile methodologies
* 5 years experience with product discovery, design thinking and lean product
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans.
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners.
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus.
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.