Vp- Growth Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
We are hiring a key member of Digital team who will be responsible for creating and overseeing the execution of the overall brand, acquisition, lifecycle marketing strategy for discovery Latin America. Reporting into SVP- Digital Latin America and working closely with our Chief Content Officer and Regional Marketing teams as well as with our Country Managers. The VP of Marketing will be responsible for all facets of the customer lifecycle of d including Acquisition, Customer Retention/Lifecycle Marketing
The ideal candidate is an innovative marketing and brand leader who has a deep understanding of brand strategy, creative, consumer behavior, data-metrics, user journeys, and the complex media landscape. This role will lead the DLA discovery marketing teams based in the markets across Latin America.
• Develop and own the Latam discovery Marketing Plan focusing on creative positioning and delivering large scale subscriber acquisition
• Drive all functions including:
o Marketing strategy
o Performance objectives
o Acquisition/Growth Marketing
o CRM/Retention/Lifestyle Marketing - winback, engagement
o Marketing Technology & Ops across all customer touch points
• Represent the “voice of the consumer” throughout Marketing initiatives to ensure they are rooted in consumer insight or learning via testing.
• Ensure cross functional digital areas including product and technology, in addition to the linear networks, are aligned with shared objectives and organizational goals.
• Work collaboratively across the company, including communications, programming, research and other departments as necessary
• Be a great leader of people who empowers and inspires; a consensus builder; and able to work across the business seamlessly to achieve shared business goals.
• Inform insight and direction by leveraging previous experience of data insight and innovative marketing strategies.
• Work with digital functional leaders to inform on product strategy and improve conversion rate and reduce churn
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders as required to execute brand and partnership plans and activities.
• Drive team to maximize return on marketing investment to ensure effectiveness.
• Previous marketing experience in scaling businesses across multiple digital channels within a digital and media entertainment space.
• Experience in a startup or launch of multi-market network or direct to consumer offering preferred.
• Strong creative and brand visionary. Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas.
• Exceptional track record of senior management-level experience in digital and performance marketing and/or advertising, and/or television/entertainment.
• Solid understanding of non-traditional marketing platforms including the dynamics of building and leveraging partnerships.
• Good knowledge and understanding of both subscription- and advertising-based business models.
• In-depth knowledge of using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies.
• Proven track record in leading a high-performing marketing team in DTC media companies, significantly driving revenue impact.
• A strategic and independent thinker with the ability to apply sound judgement.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide a clear vision to key stakeholders, proactively engaging with them.
• Excellent stakeholder management in a global, highly matrixed environment.
• Strong leadership and motivational skills, with proven track record of leading teams to meet or exceed targets.
• Outstanding strategic business, interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.