VP - Global Business Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will be focused on leading strategic thinking and management of complex projects that span across multiple functions and regions, with some significant emphasis on US/ strategic and operational priorities. The position will demand a high degree of collaboration/partnership with members of different groups both domestically and internationally, including senior business units, and Corporate groups. Strong strategic Planning, stakeholder management, and problem solving skills are critical, as well as sound analytical, communication, and people management skills The ability to lead complex “standing alone” project-based teams as well as work as a contributing member are essential.
Guide strategic thinking to identify, prioritize, design and implement initiatives to support DCI/US strategic and operational priorities (45%)
1. Maintain updated understanding of DCI/US strategy and interactions among DCI stakeholders
2. Lead and support identification, definition, and structuring of operational implications from DCI/US strategic priorities
3. Support the definition and socialization of analytical frameworks to support strategy execution
4. Provide leadership to help guarantee consistent approach across organization groups on strategic, financial, and operational aspects
Provide project and change management (20%)
1. Lead the identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the structuring of related projects
2. Ultimate responsible for the appropriate pace/on time execution of projects
a. Prepare and manage project plans
b. As necessary coordinate, lead and/or communicate analysis related to project milestones
c. Prepare and manage timelines
d. Assemble representative project teams
e. Conduct status meetings
f. Escalate issues as required
3. Define relevant financial and metric information and coordinate effort to ensure appropriate tracking
4. Maintain updated documentation of projects
Develop, and Cultivate key relationship with key stakeholders helping support the planning and execution of key strategic goals (25%)
1. Establish productive and collaborative relationships with senior leadership
2. Facilitate flow of information between stakeholders
3. Act as catalyst for effective alignment between groups: help expose needs, interdependency, limitations, constraints, and mitigate potential silo approaches
Help develop and coach other members of the Business Operations group (10%)
1. Help empower team members to complete activities
2. Coach team on: a. strategic thinking, b. influence techniques, c. project management, and d. stakeholders relationships
3. Manage the team making sure they perform to the standards of the group and are both individual and collective contributors
4. Work with counterpart in the DNI to make sure both teams (DNI and US) are align on how to do their jobs and continuously collaborate
* Consulting experience (10-12 years min) on strategy topics
* 10 years media operations management experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience.
* MBA or similar Masters required.
* Must have ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership
* Proven track record leading global projects
* Clear understanding of the international business environment
* Outstanding analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
* Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
* Strong ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and articulate the dependencies and interrelationships.
* Must be highly organized and have strong leadership skills
* Strong presentation and customer care skills are required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, NY, New York City, NYC