VP - Finance & Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Discovery US Digital Products team has responsibility for Discovery’s suite of “GO” TVE applications as well as an exciting new direct to consumer product for U.S. and global markets.
Supervising a small team, the VP of Finance for the group reports to the SVP, Finance, Global Digital and supports the President of Discovery US Digital Products with strategic financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting and financial decision making to continue GO’s growth as Discovery’s largest digital business and facilitate the successful launch and growth of new direct to consumer opportunities.
1. Work with management to enable growth opportunities with models and analyses to provide recommendations for maximizing economic and financial results over the long-term. This applies to organic growth as well as business partnership and acquisition analyses.
2. Understand business dynamics and financial reporting to create accurate monthly forecasts for the short-term (less than one year).
3. Using business acumen and influence skills, establish and drive to an effective balance between growth aspirations and affordability in annual budgeting processes to establish the resources necessary to achieve our business goals.
4. Be savvy as to evolving trends in the marketplace and business growth drivers to develop long-range plans (3 years) which incorporate an optimistic view of achievable future success useful for both setting financial expectations as well as key business goals
5. Lead within the broader Finance organization to establish and maintain financial (P&L) policies and operating procedures which support Digital and direct to consumer businesses as a growing part of the overall company.
6. Create presentations and communications to senior leadership including the ‘C-suite’
7. Manage and develop a small team of direct reports and form and lead teams within the broader Finance organization and cross-functionally to achieve the above.
* Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
* A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in an FP&A or analytical/fact finding role (digital media company experience preferred), management consulting or investment banking
* Demonstrated ability to assess long-term strategies for growth through organic and acquisition growth.
* Highly developed written and verbal communications and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff and external parties.
* Sophisticated analytical and financial skills are critical.
* Strong PC fluency, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, are essential.
* Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
* Ability to work in, build and lead teams is critical.
* Experience in direct to consumer digital products businesses and/or digital media businesses highly desireable.
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
New York City, New York, nYC, NY