VP Digital Marketing & Acquisition
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Vice President Digital Marketing & Acquisition, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of a new Direct to Consumer/global SVOD service in the Factual entertainment space. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to launch a new subscription-based streaming & interactive experience from the ground up.
1. Build and grow a team of highly talented marketers for the Factual service including CRM activity (Email, App notifications, retargeting), Paid Digital Media (Social, Search, Connected Devices, Affiliates, Programmatic Display), Social & Native advertising
2. Advise on the design and business requirements for the marketing technology stack
3. Work with internal and external resources to develop and cultivate the brand identity and its expression within all marketing communications
4. Create the strategic marketing plan for customer acquisition across a global audience
5. Develop marketing partnerships and oversee merchandising with distribution platform partners (i.e., Roku, Apple, Amazon, Google)
6. Collaborate with Analytics, Research and IT teams to develop core KPIs and reporting dashboards that drive the business.
7. Identify trends and key insights that continually improve customer acquisition, conversion and engagement rates
8. Proactively identify marketing opportunities and challenges while offering strategic solutions
9. Drive continuous innovation in digital marketing, including testing methodology, measurement, creative, marketing automation tools.
10. Develop, lead and implement multi-channel digital marketing strategies across the Discovery portfolio and external sources to drive users to our Factual SVOD platforms.
11. Cultivate platform partnerships to increase adoption within our most valuable channels.
* Deep experience working in direct-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content.
* Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
* Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans
* Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
* Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscriber base
* Proven leadership of a multifunctional marketing and data organization, responsible for driving significant revenue impact
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneous
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A data driven digital marketing pro with proven ability to leverage customer insights to drive awareness, subscription conversions and retention.
* Think conceptually and strategically, but also be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute on a self-starting basis.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.