VP Consumer Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is responsible for the marketing and performance of the Magnolia Network brand as well as the Magnolia DTC app. This candidate must have a proven track record as an innovative thinker who has managed top brands, planned TV and digital media campaigns, expertise in performance marketing, and possesses finely tuned project management skills. The ideal candidate will be a strong team leader and understand how to drive audiences across platforms, create fandoms and build communities.
1. Lead major campaigns and daily operations including ideation and strategy, implementation of audience acquisition plans, analysis and reporting, and leading cross functional teams.
2. Provide thinking that challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough campaigns that drive brand awareness, tune-in, and DTC subscribers.
3. Collaborate closely with centralized Media Strategies and Analytics team to evaluate performance, plan strategies, and create and execute media plans. Act quickly to innovate in all areas of media evaluation, planning, and targeting/optimization.
4. Partner with Brand Creative team and outside agencies as needed, to create breakthrough creative that drives ratings, awareness and brand affinity.
5. Work closely with Domestic Distribution and TVE teams to promote brand priorities.
6. Engage internal and external partners to execute brand partnerships and experiential activations.
7. Liaise with the Talent Relations team on efforts to maximize promotional opportunities with talent.
8. Establish close working relationships with the Magnolia team in Waco, TX and internal teams including programming, digital, production, scheduling, research and communications. Work cross-departmentally with these teams to develop seamless successful campaigns.
9. Create synergies across the Discovery portfolio of brands to extend campaign efforts.
10. Lead team in day-to-day responsibilities and career growth.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or the equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years marketing experience, with demonstrated expertise in the creation, development & management innovative marketing and partnership programs
• Demonstrated competency in guiding/managing external vendors & multiple 3rd party partners
• Previous experience with consumer marketing in media industry a plus
• Solid management experience
• Ability to set clear and achievable goals/deadlines; to incent collaboration within department and to be an active and accessible coach
• Enthusiastic, energetic self-starter, with strong ability to multi-task
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States