VP, Communications - Documentaries
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Communications - Documentaries jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP, Communications - Documentaries postings
Full Time Job
Open to this role sitting in our NEW YORK or LOS ANGELES office
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and experienced communications professional that has demonstrated the ability to pitch and secure media coverage in a wide range of media outlets. In addition, the candidate will have a track record of launching awards campaigns with established relationships in the premium documentary space.
• Play a critical role in helping to lead and promote new content in the documentaries and documentary series space, as well as the overall Discovery brand.
• Create, oversee and execute multi platform public relations campaigns and strategies for a wide range of documentaries that live across all Discovery platforms.
• Develop and secure industry and media opportunities for the Discovery Docs executive team.
• Secure media coverage across all communication platforms including print, broadcast and online media for Factual and discovery documentaries team in the U.S. press.
• Lead the development and execution of the documentary awards strategy, campaigns, and submissions including Oscars, EMMYs, IDA Awards, Critic’s Choice, Cinema Eye, Peabodys, Duponts, Jackson Wild, IWFF, Wildscreen etc.
• Support Festival strategy, including submissions and sponsorships / activations and events on-site
• Be an integral part of the team that communicates with industry (filmmakers, distributors, sales agents) on why Discovery is the best place for content (attend various pitch meetings as necessary).
• Press positioning for all Factual Brands (Discovery Channel, Science, Animal Planet), and discovery documentary and special premieres
• Talent relations
• Press release drafting
• Long-range press strategy
• Electronic and digital press strategy
• TV press
• Off the TV page strategy – specialty press for each film’s topic
• In coordination with the Discovery events team, develop and execute special events for specific projects for launch and awards campaigns
• Be capable of serving as a company spokesperson among lifestyle press.
• Desire and capacity to lead and develop members of the communications team
• Really love entertainment...being a TV and movie junkie is even better.
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight.
• The successful candidate for the Media Relations role will likely possess a minimum of ten to twelve years in in-house and/or agency settings.
• Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in entertainment or television who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and intense focus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the US.