VP Branded Entertainment - Food Network
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc is looking for a VP of Branded Entertainment to support Food Network in New York City.
1. Serve as the primary point of contact for Food Network, Ad Sales and Ad Sales Marketing to ensure clarity in communication and high-level brand oversight for all branded entertainment projects.
2. Inspire Branded Entertainment team to generate strategic sales opportunities (ideate, create, execute) in response to RFPs and in preparation for key selling cycles, including:
• Customized multiplatform advertising solutions
• Theatrical promotions
• Talent partnerships
• Sponsorship Packages (Tentpole, stunts, short form)
3. Partner with Ad Sales Marketing/Ad Sales teams for Food Network and keep them up to date on network news and initiatives, i.e. weekly meetings, quarterly reviews, etc.
4. Develop guidelines for BE that drive on air executions, as well as any off-channel extensions i.e. reciprocal marketing.
5. Work alongside the Programming Integration team (PI) to ensure complete synchronization in strategy, communication and approach to sales solutions.
6. Collaborate with counterparts across the Discovery portfolio on Cross-Network projects.
7. Lead efforts within the Brand team to support key sales events:
• Upfront (Speech, Tapes, Speaker Support, Presentation Support, Reception, Talent)
• Sales Conference (Network sessions speaker support and tapes, Breakout session speaker support and tapes)
8. Supervise BE operations including - Budget management, Project Management, Production Schedule management (shoot/editorial), Commercial Operation management.
9. Continually develop new frontiers, new opportunities to create richer packages for current clients and to attract new business.
10. Lead and mentor a team in NY and manage the day to day operations of the department.
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications/Advertising/Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Integrated Marketing or related field.
* Exemplary writing, producing, and leadership skills.
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently, and possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
* Must display a commitment to excellence and to on-going education in Branded Entertainment and to the mastery of his/her craft.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY