VP Ad-Sales FP&A
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the SVP Finance Revenue, the VP Ad Sales Revenue Planning & Analysis is responsible for providing FP&A and strategic support to the US Nets - Ad Sales team.
Department products are used across the USN organization at all levels to manage the business, supporting key decisions that impact both the Ad Sales group and the wider organization. The VP is a key partner to the US Nets / Ad Sales leadership team in evaluating sales risks v. rewards; likely revenue outcomes; maximizing revenue; performance vs. budget and prior year assessment; weekly and monthly financial reporting, and broader scope of building bridges between Ad Sales and Finance businesses. The successful candidate will be an innovative and analytical thinker, with strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrable track record of successful team leadership. This person will be a key member of the US Nets Finance team capable of contributing to the continuous improvement of financial services both within their field of expertise and across the wider finance organization.
Revenue Forecasting and Budget Modeling
1. Provide Ad Sales senior management and executive management with regular updates on current quarter and projected year end revenue based on continuous assessment of dynamic key variables including: audience, sellouts, pricing and liability. Outcomes impact DCL companywide planning, including spending/reinvestment decisions. Successful candidate will not only drive reporting using existing tools and processes but continuously work to refine and further increase insight & efficiency.
2. Scope of advertising revenue responsibility includes all 17 consolidated domestic networks, digital media/digital networks, and 2 US Hispanic networks operated by the International division.
3. Frequently, and on tight deadlines, develop ad hoc excel models to analyze multiple scenarios
Weekly Revenue/Strategy Meetings
4. Actively contribute to weekly meetings to review performance; point out opportunities by daypart and program for all networks; compare current sellouts to prior year and business plan levels; make pricing recommendations based on performance of a daypart and/or program. Give sales management a weekly POV on revenue results vs. plan and prior year. Make recommendations on how to maximize revenue.
5. Evaluate and participate in new department wide system rollout
Business Partnering & Analytical Support
6. Establish strong working relationships with senior ad sales leadership. Work alongside to provide analytical insight to identify previously unlocked areas of opportunity. Develop deep understanding of team’s strategic goals. Helps shape them and be proactive in approach to convert opportunities to results.
Executive Presentations and Communications
7. Develop and communicate executive level presentations in both PowerPoint and Excel for communication to the US Networks and corporate executive leadership. Excellent analysis and communications skills are required to develop concise and clear messaging that are founded and supported in data analysis.
* Superior excel modeling skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Superior analytical capabilities and communication skills
* 8 years of professional experience in related positions of increasing responsibility.
* Ability to reduce complex data into actionable, summary information, recommendations and action plan
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and demonstrable team development capabilities
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY