Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life’s stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Video Editor will collaborate with the Brand Creative team in concept creation, development, refinement, and execution of stunning broadcast design and short form promotional materials for Magnolia Network brand and series.
• Work closely with producers, motion graphic designers, and associate editors to create eye-catching, intentional creative that meets the strategy of the marketing campaigns.
• Edit using Avid and Final Cut Pro software.
• Technically troubleshoot any production and postproduction solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to execute concepts from rough conceptualization through finish stages.
• Edit original, and existing, materials into promos, trailers, ads and short-form content for on-channel, digital, social, and broadcast platforms.
• Sound design, music edit, and sound mix videos to required specs.
• Apply color correction, as needed.
• Maintain strong partner relations, with the ability to clearly articulate production parameters. A solution-oriented attitude through approvals and feedback process.
• Output high volume of deliverables, for media campaigns.
• Deliver projects on-time while maintaining the highest quality bar.
• BS/BA in related discipline and at least 6 years of experience in related field
• Expert editor in Avid and Final Cut Pro Software, Premiere CC a plus
• Expert music editor, sound designer and mixer that understands the emotional power and structure of music.
• Comfortable with most video codecs and formats, with the ability to ingest, transcode and move between camera workflow and formats flawlessly
• Ability to edit supervised and unsupervised in high-pressure situations.
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized and uber creative simultaneously.
• Advanced knowledge and skills with 3 party software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States