Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 1:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for UX Writer jobs in London-GB
Search all UX Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an UX Writer? Role Summary
We are looking for a UX Writer from a product driven background, who is able to come up with fresh ideas and not be afraid to communicate them. You’ll regularly use empathy, logic and your knowledge of language to inform writing and design choices. Applicants will manage cross-functional projects, drive guidelines and localisation efforts in a global context, while maintaining high accessibility standards and influencing product vision as part of a multidisciplinary UX Design team.
You will have experience with user-centered design, and come from an agile background with the following experience:
• Contribute to user experience design projects across a full range of online platforms and brands, while ensuring products/ services embrace the values of their audience and the needs of the business.
• Execute experience design solutions for responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
• Utilise User Centred Design to identify opportunities and their solutions. Communicating progress and design intent to colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Use research and data to design products that meet both user and business needs, while evolving experiences to reflect user trends and emerging technologies.
• Validation products and features with the users, ensuring experiences are useful and usable by the broadest of audiences.
• Work with the UX&D team, Product and Engineering colleagues to define requirements and deliver innovative solutions through a User Centred Design approach.
• Contribute to experience design output being viewed as a leading innovator by the media industry and international audiences.
• Ensure the design output is scalable and can support the breadth of online products and brands.
• Use writing and editing skills to write user interface text that facilitates user navigation, as well on-boarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components that impact user experience.
• Coordinate localisation efforts in collaboration with local editorial, marketing & legal teams, as well as other senior stakeholders.
• Be responsible for the vision for product language, as it relates to content and our customer value proposition(s) across markets and subscription types.
• Close collaboration with UX designers & researchers, as well as other stakeholders.
• Lead and oversee all aspects of writing, across all platforms and in all markets, by defining tone of voice and language use within a Design System.
• Documentation of copy strategies (legal requirements, guidelines, best practices, etc)
• Other responsibilities will include managing stakeholders, setting priorities, securing resources, etc.
• 3 Years experience with product-centric organisations (software, digital agencies, etc.) and user-focussed writing.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
• Understanding of and experience with user centered design and agile methodologies.
• Portfolio (website, pdf, etc) of UX-focused work; writing samples, style guides, localisation materials and or/ demonstrable experience of process as well as outcomes.
• Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites (e.g. Design Systems, white-labels, global products, etc).
• Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
• Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web, mobile, connected devices (e.g. smart TV) UI and tools.
• Experience of working on Video On Demand/ OTT services or working in a digital media/broadcast company.
• Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
• Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (with and without formal authority) development, design and product management teams.
• Knowledge and experience of information architecture & other user experience fundamentals.
• An understanding of how audiences interact with services across responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
• Experience working in the context of a multinational business.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Ability to present concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues and team members.
• A passionate and proactive approach, constantly striving to speak for user value and create the best possible user experience
Please respond by submitting your CV, as well as your UX Writing Portfolio that includes case studies evidencing the above points. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.