Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 11:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for UX Researcher jobs in New York-NY
Search all UX Researcher postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an UX Researcher? Job Summary
Discovery Inc. and its Digital division (discovery , GO apps and sites) are seeking a highly motivated UX Researcher with a strong interest and knowledge of the media industry and digital landscape, particularly subscription digital services.
The UX researcher will help facilitate and evangelize our UX research practice, working directly with other researchers, UX designers and product managers to better understand customer needs, interactions, and behaviors across multiple streaming video platforms.
The UX researcher will conduct qualitative and quantitative research to inform and evaluate current and new features, products, and experiences. This role will work across different brands and products and will report to the User Experience team.
• Design, conduct and analyze qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person user testing studies for existing and future products
• Design, conduct and analyze quantitative studies such as surveys, to evaluate the impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
• Work with researchers, product managers, and designers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and remote co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
• Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers and product managers to ensure research delivered provides a holistic view of our users and is integrated into every aspect of the product
• Synthesize and communicate research findings and insights to inform actionable decisions to different stakeholders. Follow up with advocacy to build empathy for our users throughout the organization
• Minimum 3 years of UX research, testing and survey design experience with large, cross-functional teams
• Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools, with experience implementing them autonomously --as demonstrated through a portfolio of recent case studies
• Exceptional ability to synthesize multiple inputs (reporting data, metrics, qualitative and quantitative insights) to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the team
• Exceptional communication and storytelling skills in a variety of formats and settings, including remotely
• Naturally inquisitive with a positive attitude, open mind and detail-oriented
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to act independently and responsibly
• Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines
• Knowledge of consumer-level streaming video platforms and devices
• In addition to expertise with Research tools, highly comfortable with Google Suite of products and digital collaboration tools such as Mural or equivalent
• BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or equivalent practical experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Professional experience with subscription-based digital services, including but not limited to streaming audio and video This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.