Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
We are hiring a Usability Researcher to support the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Jo Gaines. This Usability Researcher help to facilitate our UX research practice. This position will work directly with other UX Researchers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Marketing, and our users to better understand user interactions and behaviors with our multiple digital products. This researcher will conduct qualitative and quantitative research to inform and evaluate current and new features, product and experiences that delight and resonate with fans of Magnolia.
1. Design, conduct and analyze qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person user testing studies for existing and future products.
2. Design, conduct and analyze quantitative studies, such as surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
3. Work with researchers, product managers, and designers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
4. Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy.
5. Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and marketing to ensure research delivered is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users.
6. Synthesize and communicate research findings and insights to inform actionable decisions to different stakeholders.
7. Follow up with advocacy to build empathy for our users throughout the organization.
* 5 years of UX research, testing experience and survey design.
* Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools, with experience implementing them.
* Exceptional ability to synthesize multiple inputs (reporting data, metrics, qualitative and quantitative insights) to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the team.
* Experience integrating user research into product design practices.
* Exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
* Naturally inquisitive, positive attitude, open mind and detail-oriented.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly.
* Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines.
* Team player and relationship builder.
* Portfolio work samples focused on UX Research and Testing.
* BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Bellevue, BLV, Washington, WA, Seattle, SEA
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.