Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
A team member involved in the operation, continued growth and development of a state-of-the-art tapeless playout operation for DNNE.
The Transmission Controller will be responsible for maintaining the scheduled play out of multiple transmission channels in DNNE's Transmission facility broadcasting 17 channels with 48 feeds. Duties will include managing schedules, identifying missing material, monitoring feeds and resolving any transmission issues.
• Responsible for a multi-transmission pod capable of expanding up to 12 channels.
• Manual transmission control during live broadcasts including sports, entertainment and DNI global simulcasts
• Responsible for outgoing play list.
• Monitors outgoing and return feeds and maintains the on-air presence of the channels at all times
• Performs service recovery when required to minimise outages
• Must react to automation warnings in the required manner
• Raise any technical issues to the Transmission Supervisor
• Perform playlist updates and manual changes together with the Program Dept.
• Identifies and requests missing materials.
• Responsible for the integrity of as-run reports.
• Accurate daily reporting of all issues in DDS
• Ensures that any issues awaiting resolution are handed over to the next shift.
• Assisting and operating in other operational roles within the department as and when required
• Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed.
• Ensures that all aspects of Ofcom Codes of Practice relating to the channels are observed
• Will provide cover for breaks if required.
• Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
• Experience within a multi-channel, fully automated transmission environment
• Live transmission events experience
• A good operational knowledge of transmission technologies
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized
• A proactive approach
• Hold themselves & others accountable for results
• To be punctual
• Must have an excellent attention to detail
• Ability to identify and prioritise problems
• Ability to identify alternatives
• Decision making
• Full colour vision and hearing
Hours of Work:
12.5 hour shifts, averaging 40 hours per week over a 4 week rotation, including nights and weekends