TPM, Web Applications
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Tpm II, Web Applications
As a Technical Project Manager, you will drive successful project execution of a Web Applications Team. Our Web Applications teams are responsible for launching new consumer web products for Food Network, HGTV, Discovery, and more as well as enhancing the authoring experience and infrastructure supporting those products.
In this role, you will be successful by: overseeing the delivery of services through the agile software development process; providing status and identifying risks to senior management; communicating technical requirements; and collaborating with other Discovery teams on shared objectives and dependencies. Clarity in communication is key to this role: you’ll need to have a deep understanding of the technical requirements, but can also translate them in business terms to various stakeholders
1. Facilitate agile standups and all sprint meetings including planning, reviews and retrospectives.
2. Identify and address conflicts, issues, and risks within a team while bringing clarity and transparency to the team’s work.
3. Manage the delivery of features and tasks through Jira, Trello and other tools.
4. Coordinate with other teams to align with cross-functional and interdependent work.
5. These include design, product, engineering and other project managers.
6. Help improve project management processes and leverage other project management methodologies as needed.
7. Communicate status, roadblocks and requirements to senior management in order to proactively solve problems and drive solutions.
8. Assists work breakdown into epics and tasks and drives work planning meetings.
9. Provide servant based leadership
* Experience: 3 years working as a project or program manager in the technology space
* Experience in various project life cycle methodologies such as Agile, Kanban, or Scrum
* Experience in running multiple sprint teams concurrently and a strong multi tasker in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrates ability to manage and lead through change
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; be comfortable working with people at all levels and roles within the organization and communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Strong understanding of RESTful APIs, data stores, object oriented programming languages, HTML, cloud infrastructure, and dev ops
* Team-oriented; develop and promote a collaborative team environment
* Self-starter and willing to be hands on to write/review technical requirements and perform QA testing if necessary.
* BS or BA in the computer science field is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
new york city, new york, nyc, ny
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, Food.com, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. Our Digital Studios team develops experiences on the web, mobile, and voice that reaches millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.