Total Rewards Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Total Rewards team is committed to developing comprehensive compensation and benefits strategies that align employee rewards with the company’s business objectives – enabling Discovery to effectively attract, reward and retain top talent around the world.
We are currently seeking a Compensation & Benefit Associate in our Knoxville, TN location. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the entire Compensation & Benefits team.
Broad-based Compensation, Benefits and Mobility
1. Supports the entire Compensation & Benefits team by researching and providing solutions to internal client issues.
2. Coordinate the updating of materials used to communicated plan details to our HRMs, Employees and other internal stakeholders.
3. Supports the entire Compensation & Benefits team by coordinating calendars and events.
4. Participates in special projects (Mobility, Service Now, Condor, RFPs, etc….).
5. Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local benefits and compensation laws and regulations in order to assist with division compliance. And have the ability to research laws/regulations in international locations as needed.
6. Analysis - Provides analytical support on HR projects; uses analytical skills to identify data and system issues, recognize trends and develop quantitative conclusions; presents findings to HR team and other stakeholders in a logical manner for quality decision-making.
7. Attends internal and external training programs that pertain to benefits, compensation, systems or survey forums.
8. Ability to be organized and work independently on tasks, with sound judgment
9. Demonstrates exceptionally strong attention to detail
10. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Stock Plan Administration
1. Supports the stock plan administration function in maintaining participant data (e.g. new hires, terminations, etc.) in third-party administrator system and ensures all participant stock plan transactions (grants, exercises, terminations) are correctly processed and settled in a timely manner.
2. Works closely with Finance for accurate reporting including valuation, overhang, section 16 and Disqualifying Dispositions
3. Performs routine audits to ensure that all data (grants, exercises, terminations) have been processed correctly. Adheres to all SOX and other established controls, reviewing and updating controls as needed
4. Assist in the coordinates contribution files for the Employee Stock Purchase Plan for U.S. and International based employees.
5. Communicates with HR and participants on a routine basis to answer questions about equity program
6. Awareness and understanding of equity administration marketplace trends and knowledge of standard internal processes preferred
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
* Min 3 years of Compensation, Benefits, HR Generalist, or related business experience.
* Strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required.
* Strong Excel skills, experience working with HRIM systems (SAP preferred).
* International C&B, Mobility and Equity Administration experience would be a plus.
* Awareness and understanding of equity administration marketplace trends and knowledge of standard internal processes preferred
* Demonstrates exceptionally strong attention to detail
* Ability to be organized and work independently on routine tasks, with sound judgment
* Excellent customer service skills with a high degree of timely problem resolution.
* Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement.
* Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management.
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple requests.
* Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN