Technical Project Manager - Apps
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
Technical Project Manager II - Apps
In this role, you will be successful by: overseeing the delivery of app development work through the software development life cycle; providing status and identifying risks to stakeholders and senior management; communicating technical requirements; and collaborating with other Discovery teams on shared objectives and dependencies. Clarity in communication is key to this role: you’ll need to have a deep understanding of the technical requirements, but can also translate them into business terms and easily understood language.
1. Facilitates agile standups and all sprint meetings including planning, reviews and retrospectives.
2. Identifies and addresses conflicts, issues, and risks within a team
3. Manages the delivery of features and tasks through Jira, Trello and other project tools.
4. Coordinates with other teams to align with cross-functional and interdependent work. These include design, product, engineering and other project managers.
5. Helps improve project management processes and leverage other project management methodologies as needed.
6. Communicates status, roadblocks and requirements to senior management in order to proactively solve problems and drive solutions.
7. Assists in work breakdown into epics and drives work planning meetings
* Experience: 3 years working as a project or program manager in the technology space
* Experience in various Agile project life cycle methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, “Scrumban”, and others
* Experience in running multiple sprint teams concurrently and a strong multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong understanding and familiarity of mobile App platforms, such as iOS and Android
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; should be comfortable working with people at all levels and roles within the organization
* Team-oriented; develop and promote a collaborative team environment
* Self-starter and willing to be hands-on to write/review technical requirements and perform QA testing if necessary
* BS or BA - or relevant, equivalent experience - in a computer science field is a plus
* Experience in Digital Media and/or Linear Media industry a plus
* Food and cooking lover, a big plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
washington, wa, bellevue, blv
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and the Travel Channel. Our Digital Studios team develops experiences on the web, mobile, and voice that reaches millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will drive successful project execution for our Food Network Kitchen Apps teams. Our Apps teams are responsible for launching new direct-to-consumer opportunities for various mobile platforms used by millions of users each day.