Technical Program Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/28/2021 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Technical Program Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Program Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Program Manager? Technical Program Manager III
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring senior technical program managers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for test automation (QA-as-a-Service), strike balance between feature velocity and product quality, coordinate test execution & tracking across multiple delivery pipelines, and establish best practices & processes which improve developer efficiencies and product quality.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall product release pipeline. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
• Scope & Complexity : You drive projects across more than one team, you have experience managing dependencies and stakeholders from external teams. You're able to take an ambiguous problem statement related to your subject-matter area to drive project deliverables over multiple iterations to achieve the right outcome.
• Decision Making : You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are right, far more often than not. You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on the technical and business issues.
• Execution : You get a lot done and you make others around you more productive. You have a company wide view of how your programs or projects impact the bottom line and you constantly think about how to improve our ability to deliver large projects.
• Operations : You apply processes and standards thoughtfully with bias towards automation, identifying the right amount of process and structure to achieve the correct outcome with the least overhead.
• Influence : You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on the product direction, technical designs, and operations.
• Communication : Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, making you the initial point of contact for business and technical stakeholders. You are the point of contact for data related to your product, services, and features.
• Comfortable and experienced in leading project/scrum teams in an agile environment for developing testing automation frameworks and coordinating test execution activities.
• Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
• Experience driving technical feature planning and delivery on test automation pipelines in collaboration with test automation engineering teams
• Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
• Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
• Accountability of project scope and ensuring completion of projects while maintaining compliance with standard processes, quality, and schedule objectives.
• Estimating, scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and assisting and recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation.
• Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
• Nice to have: AWS, Selenium, JIRA, Testrail, Apache test tools, cucumber, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.