Technical Program Manager / Director
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2021 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Technical Program Manager / Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Program Manager / Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Program Manager / Director? Technical Program Manager Iv / Director
Discovery is looking for top engineering talent whose deep technical chops and delivery skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Our team builds the user experiences for OTT applications on Web, Android, iOS, tvOS & Roku. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected TVs applications to millions of customers, then this is the Discovery team for you.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
We are the Product Engineering technology group for Direct-2-Consumer USA business, and responsible for building media streaming Mobile & OTT applications for 18 brands. Backed up by modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS, our front-end applications build mobile experiences for search, catalogue, video streaming, personalization, subscriptions, payments, and really much more. Discovery is the largest provider of non-fiction network programming in the USA with channels like Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, Oprah Winfrey Network, Cooking Channel, Food Network, Travel Channel, and many more (total of 18 Discovery GO brands). This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring Sr. Technical Program Manager to join our team in New York. The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting-things-done, who is able separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
• The ideal candidate has a successful track record of planning & delivering large programs that are significantly cross functional (10 teams).
• You are biased towards delivery and have mastered the ability to delegate assignments to your own team, peer leaders and ensure that the right results are achieved.
• You are a collaborative leader that makes other leaders and engineers around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical & delivery decisions.
• Your work and approach to program delivery are exemplary – you drive best practices and provide advice and mentoring to other TPMs on how best to approach cross-functional projects.
• You are vocally self-critical. You demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure & tact.
• You are a technical leader that senior executives turn to when they want to build something new as you can align with company priorities, processes and deliver the goals on time and to budget.
• Minimum of 12 years of industry experience.
• 7 years of managing large-scale software development projects- from technical planning, day-day project management, coordination with cross functional teams to final launch.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Detail oriented, yet strong bias for action and ''get it done'' attitude .
• Excellent organization, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
• Technically hands-on in disparate technologies, large scale architecture, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• A bachelor's degree Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.