Discovery CommunicationsStockholm, SE
Full Time Job
Discovery Networks Sweden hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative, and fluid industries, a role within Discovery's Product and Tech organization offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real-life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
As content creators in the digital space, we're building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it and that's where we come in! Discovery's Talent Acquisition team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring Sourcers who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked, and up to date on industry innovations. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
As a Sourcer on our DTC team, you'll have one of the most exciting talent acquisition roles in the industry! You will build and execute sourcing strategies to identify and attract diverse and inclusive pools of top talented candidates across an extensive portfolio of new and existing products, within one of the fastest-growing and most exciting areas of the company. You will take on a role as a Talent Advisor with both your recruiting partners and our hiring leaders. You will engage with prospective candidates to better understand their experiences, interests, and motivations. You will measure the impact of sourcing methods in a data-driven manner to contribute towards driving the continuous evolution of our team.
• Handles direct req support aligned to a core pod focus area
• Is an expert in core pod focus area and maintains current business acumen of both the marketplace and related internal teams
• Responsible for building and maintaining an aligned pipeline of talent for core pod focus area
• Owns engagement strategy for pipeline, including campaign outreach
• Ability to learn and use innovative sourcing tools, strategies, and techniques to uncover and attract niche technical talent
• 3 years of relevant technical sourcing or research experience required.
• Experience conducting talent-related research or talent sourcing with either a corporate setting, through an agency or with a research firm.
• Proven ability to utilize innovative sourcing tools, strategies, and techniques to attract and engage with a diverse pool of niche technical talent.
• Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Salary Benchmarking, building effective market data reports, driving event process to ensure ROI
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Networks Sweden is the second largest commercial television group in Sweden.
We have Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Animal Planet, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD as well as the play service, Dplay.
The most recently acquired principal owner, Discovery Communications, also owns the rights to Olympic 2018 - 2024.