Talent Acquisition Coordinator - Tech
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative and fluid industries, a role within Discovery’s Direct-to-Consumer business offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Digital Direct-To-Consumer business operates as a group of both well established brands and well-funded start-ups. We operate teams working at the crossroads of tech and entertainment. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, Food Network, HGTV, and MotorTrend Group, as well as newer brands such as GolfTV.
As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it, and that’s where we come in!
Discovery’s Talent team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring a Talent Acquisition team who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate with a keen eye for talent, well networked, and up to date on industry innovations. We’re now adding to our team TA Coordinators, with that same level of passion, dynamism, attention to detail and ‘get things done’ attitude! If this sounds like you, keep reading.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will own interview and hiring event scheduling, throughout the full recruitment lifecycle, as well the tracking of these stages in our Applicant tracking system, icims. You will partner closely with the national Talent Acquisition and People & Culture Operations team to create the best possible candidate experience.
1. Manage interview scheduling activities and hiring events scheduling and logistics for Discovery’s Direct to Consumer roles
2. Send appropriate testing to select candidates and distribute results to appropriate parties.
3. Record candidate activity in ATS and compile and pull metrics on Direct to Consumer roles as requested
4. Partner with the People and Culture Operations team to ensure compliance with company and legislative policies
5. Perform employment verifications and relevant background checks on final candidates as appropriate
6. Facilitate the offer and on-boarding process through applicant tracking system
7. Work closely with People and Culture Operations team from candidate interview scheduling to day one new hire activities
* Minimum one year of HR experience, preferably within an HR operations or Talent Acquisition team
* Strong verbal/written communication skills, organization skills, detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives
* Ability to prioritize and address competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical
* Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Must possess the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Bachelor’s degree in HR / business / or related field desired or equivalent work experience
Bellevue, Washington, WA, Seattle