SVP, FP&A Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an integral member of the senior finance team, the Senior Vice President, FP&A, is a highly visible, multi-tasking senior leader in charge of supporting the CEO, Direct-to-Consumer and with him, helping lead thought-leadership in growing the DTC business. The SVP, FP&A - Digital is responsible for significant executive and cross-functional stakeholder communications, as well as leading both a directly-managed team of FP&A managers for the DTC portfolio and working closely with digital General Managers and other finance teams to accomplish team objectives.
1. Drive monthly financial review and analysis, produce management reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and FCF forecasts and operating metrics and commentary
2. Manage and develop a team of FP&A leaders for each business in the DTC portfolio
3. Maintain robust and integrated long-term model and associated analytics to support capital structure considerations
4. Prepare and distribute regular executive communications on the DTC business including Finance Committee review, Board Meeting review, quarterly earnings preparation and internal KPI reporting
5. Manage weekly business review meeting with CEO, Direct-to-Consumers and General Managers coordinating a panel of KPIs for the CEO to run the business
6. Drive and maintain budgeting, and forecasting, and support strategic financial planning processes
7. Lead the continuous improvement of Discovery’s capabilities working closely with global FP&A team as well as accounting, and transactional finance
8. Participate in various cross-functional teams as required
9. Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as required
* Minimum ten years of experience in financial management, analysis and reporting, and business planning, with strong accounting and finance skills.
* Previous experience at a corporate level leading Financial Planning and Analysis work required.
* Previous experience in a direct-to-consumer business strongly preferred
* Degree in accounting/finance required; MBA or CPA a plus.
* Strong relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong ability to recruit, develop, and manage a team of 15
* Strong ability to manage cross-functional and matrixed senior stakeholders
* Previous experience leading users with planning and analysis software (Cognos, BPC or equivalent systems).
* Adept at financial modeling, using Excel for scenario analysis and strategic plans. Must be able to develop assumptions and model their implications.
* Strong shareholder value creation mindset with experience and ability to develop and implement financial management tools and processes to help drive value creation.
* High integrity individual with strong organizational, management, training and development experience and strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to deliver on tight timelines, delivering insightful and consistently accurate financial analysis.
* Extremely results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work independently.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY