SVP - Finance
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2021 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for SVP - Finance jobs in New York-NY
Search all SVP - Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a SVP - Finance? SVP - Discovery and Us Dtc Finance
As an integral member of the senior finance team, the Senior Vice President, US Direct-to-Consumer Finance, will be a highly visible, multi-tasking senior leader, working in close partnership with the leadership of Discovery in the US and other US-focused DTC products, providing thought-leadership, strong, objective and independent financial stewardship, data-driven analytically rigorous insights, and operational rigor to help grow the US DTC businesses - Discovery’s no.1 capital allocation and growth priority.
This leader will be responsible for significant executive and cross-functional stakeholder operation and communication, as well as leading both a directly managed team of FP&A managers for the US DTC portfolio and working closely with DTC General Managers and other finance teams to accomplish team objectives.
The position requires a strong FP&A background in a consumer-facing digital business as well as experience leading in environments characterized by large datasets and the need to generate commercially actionable and deep strategic and financial insights from innovative analytics. Collaborative problem solving and the ability to work effectively with different constituencies is critical, as is comfort in ambiguity while bringing sound business judgement to address key challenges.
1. Develop a deep, passionate understanding of the business, own the financial results of Discovery US, and think strategically about the US DTC business across its various components, partnering to execute on day-to-day business imperatives.
2. Provide unbiased partnership to install discipline and ensure business opportunities are pursued and executed efficiently and effectively.
3. Support the definition and socialization of frameworks to develop commercially actionable and deep strategic and financial insights from disciplined and innovative analytics.
4. Work as a member of a cross-functional US DTC leadership team to support the collective pursuit of the value maximizing strategy and operation of Discovery and other US DTC businesses.
5. Own the monthly financial review and analysis of the performance of the US DTC businesses, lead production of management reporting pack including P&L, balance sheet and FCF forecasts combined with operating metrics and commentary as part of the Corporate FP&A process.
6. Lead the preparation and distribution of regular executive communications on the US DTC businesses including for Finance Committee review, Board Meeting review, quarterly earnings preparation and internal KPI reporting.
7. Manage and develop a high-performing team of Finance leaders for each business in the DTC portfolio.
8. Maintain robust and integrated operational and long-term models and associated analytics to support.
9. Drive and maintain budgeting & forecasting, and support strategic financial planning
10. Lead the continuous improvement of Discovery’s capabilities working closely with the corporate FP&A team as well as accounting.
11. Participate in various cross-functional teams as required.
1. Minimum 15 years of experience in financial management, analysis and reporting, and business planning, with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
2. Previous experience leading FP&A and related teams developing strategic insights and analytics in a consumer facing, digital business required.
3. Education to first degree level a minimum; further degree, MBA, CPA or ACA a plus.
4. Strong relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
5. Strong ability to recruit, develop, and manage a team
6. Strong ability to manage cross-functional and matrixed senior stakeholders
7. Adept at leading the production of detailed financial modeling, scenario analysis, insight generation and strategic plans.
8. Strong shareholder value creation and strategic mindset with experience and ability to develop and implement financial and analytical tools and processes to help drive value creation.
9. High integrity individual with strong organizational, management, training and development experience as well as strong interpersonal skills, gravitas and deep financial, digital and tech credibility
10. Ability to deliver on tight timelines, delivering insightful and consistently accurate financial analysis.
11. Highly results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions.
12. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work independently.
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
14. Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
15. Must have the legal right to work in the United States. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.